Crates are a great tool for potty training! Crates provide a safe and secure environment for your pet while traveling or when in any unfamiliar venue or distracting environment. Teaching your pet to enjoy being in the crate and to enter it willingly is one of the most important things you can do to ensure a safe, secure, happy life for your pet.
Crate training will:
- teach your dog to love to snuggle down in his crate.
- allow you to potty train your puppy and avoid "accidents." By being in a small enclosure that it doesn't wish to soil, your pet will learn to wait to eliminate until taken to the proper location.
- create a cozy environment for him alone, when done correctly, where he can relax and settle down and feel safe.
- by fostering a positive relationship with the crate, allow your animal to be kept in the crate comfortably and safely, whether at home, while being potty trained, or when being transported in your car, on an airline, or about town in a bike trailer.
- aid your pet's ability to heal and recover in less time and with less stress should your pet need to be confined in a veterinary hospital or any other unfamiliar venue away from home.
Mariana taught her puppy to go to his crate on cue.
Click thumbnail to play the video.
Contact Jay for a crate training consultation for either a new puppy that you need to manage and/or control or an adult dog. It's easy to do and is in no way a punishment when done properly.